Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Railing


As most of you probably know, my right wrist and left collar bone are both broken due to a bad fall while I was on a photo outing, so I haven't been able to use the computer much. I was able to edit a few pictures today, though, and thought I'd share this one. It's a different subect for me, but I enjoyed working with it.
What do you think of when you see this picture? It makes me wonder about the people who stayed in the room next to the railing, what they were like, what their dreams were and what they saw when they looked out the window. I can't do much else right now, so I'd enjoy reading your comments. Please share them with me and with the other readers.
Thanks.

4 comments:

Itani said...

Sorry about yrou injury I hope you get well soon
I have special feelings for pictures like this great one here
the first I imagine is when this house was new maybe 50-60 years ago people come and people go, this railing probably saw 2-3 generations after the family first built it
I am saying this because it reminded me with the railing at my grandpa's house now its deserted

Colleen Farrell said...

Love the photo, Carolyn! Reminds me of traveling, and visiting Paris in particular. The wrought iron, the bit of lace in the window, the old stone, makes me think of the beautiful architecture in Paris. To me, this photo says "romance."

Anonymous said...

I like the use of lines and the rule of 3rd's. But I like more is the depth that was added by the rail. And what Itani said about the rail.
-Dave Fox

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I enjoyed reading them and like the interaction between readers.