Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To alter or not to alter - That is the question

Colors can look quite different depending on the light and the time of the day we visit an area.  Sometimes, however, we can't be at a spot at the ideal time.  So, what do we do?   Do we just leave the picture the way it was taken or do we change it?   I guess purists would say that we should leave it the way it was taken, that we shouldn't mess with nature.   Although there is some validity in that point of view, I like to keep the original version and then see what I can do with the colors in PhotoShop.  The bottom version shows what the scene looked like, with a little lightening & a little color correction for too much blue.  The top version was modified to show how the colors would have looked if I'd taken the picture earlier in the day.  I like this one best because the colors are more like what I think of when I envision "fall colors".  Which do you prefer?

No comments: