Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Want to be a Cowboy

The second lesson in my book is about checking your camera settings before you start shooting.  Have you ever changed your ISO or set your exposure compensation and then forgotten to change it & ended up with a ruined shot?   I certainly have & it taught me to always check before I shoot.  I once ruined what would have been a great picture of a Trumpeter Swan landing on a lake in Jackson Hole because I forgot to check my controls.  I had shot a moose the night before and had increased my ISO to 1600 and forgot to change it.  With some of today's cameras that might not be a problem, but with the D30 that I was using at that time, it definitely was.  So, remember to check your ISO, exposure compensation, exposure mode, focus point, shooting mode, etc. BEFORE you start shooting. 

This is Teddy B.  We found him in Black Water, a small town in Missouri, & posed him in several  locations there and in Arrow Rock.  You'll probably see more pictures of him in future blog posts.  I've found that stuffed animals make great models.  They're very cute, never complain and always stay where you put them.  LOL!

No comments: