Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 I haven't posted on my blog for a long time, but will start trying to do that nearly every day.  Having a blog is a good way to keep connected to people and to share thoughts and images.  Please leave a message so I'll know that you visited.  Thanks and have a wonderful day!!!

The objects in this picture hold special meanings for me, especially the guitar.  The guitar was my moms.  It's an old steel guitar that's primarily used as a backup to the primary guitar in a band.  My mom, however, just played it for fun.  When I was young, and when our kids were small, she used to play the guitar and we'd sing old songs like "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore", "This Land Is Your Land", etc.  When she got older, Mom gave the guitar to me and I continued the tradition of playing it and singing those songs with our kids.  I haven't played it for a long time because my hands get dry and my fingers crack and it's very difficult to play a guitar with cracked fingers.  I'm going to give it a try again, though, because I do enjoy playing it. 

The saxophone is a Melody C sax and belonged originally to my grandfather.  He played it in the Union Pacific Band many, many years ago.  My mom played the sax in high school but quit playing it when she could no longer buy music for it.  Although Ive never played the sax, this is an instrument I treasure because of the family history connected with it.

Ok, now we get to the violin.  I played the violin for about four years when I was in grade school and junior high, but I don't have any particularly good memories of it.  The bridge is broken and the horsehair has fallen off the bow.  I'd like to find a place to donate it to someone who is interested in repairing and using it. 

Anyway, that's the story behind these instruments.  

No comments: