Thursday, February 18, 2010

Modifications


































"When you're at peace with your life and in a state of tranquility, you actually send out a vibration of energy that impacts all living creatures, including plants, animals and even babies." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Photo Info: I converted this top picture of the Yellowstone landscape to black and white & then played around with different colors and contrast to try to give it a little bit of an IR look. I know it's not IR, but it's my simplified version. :) The 2nd picture is similar to how the scene actually looked. I just lightened the colors in the trees a little to draw attention to them. On the 3rd picture I used the brush tool in PhotoShop & did a little painting on the leaves & then applied a Topaz plug-in to give it the impressionistic look. The 4th picture was painted in PhotoShop and then a different Topaz plug-in was used to give it a different effect. There are a lot of other things I could do with this picture, such as leaving the trees the way they are, but bumping up the saturation in the grass and water, increasing the saturation in the entire picture, lightening the bison, etc. As always, when you're modifying photos, there are many different ways to go and many different ways to get there. That's part of the fun of photography, making the image appear the way you envision it.

4 comments:

Itani said...

Love the quote, you've done such a great job in all these different treatments. Love all the effects

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks for your comments. It makes blogging so much more fun if people contribute.

Les Barr said...

You really have done a nice job with those Images. At first glance, I thought that they were done in IR. IR is something that I've tried to do, but just could not get the right blend. Maybe I should use a Hoya R-72 Filter and see what happens.

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks. If the Hoya R-72 is the dark red filter, I think it should work, but I've never tried it. I've thought about having my old DSLR converted to IR, but haven't done it yet.