Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beauty



"Everything has its' own beauty, but not everyone sees it." Anonymous


As you look at this picture, what do you feel? Do you get a crawly feeling, do you think about the butterfly this caterpillar will become or do you just enjoy the colors and the wonder of this creature?


We all see things in different ways and what's beautiful to one person may not be to another. Sometimes I take pictures of simple things that I think are beautiful, but to someone else they may be very ordinary or even ugly. When you look at things that you might want to photograph, try to see them through the eyes of a child. Look at them in a new way, from a different perspective. Try different angles, different lenses. Experiment to see what you can come up with. You may just create something wonderful. Don't forget the old saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Great post. Beauty certainly takes on many forms and we are just lucky enough to capture it.

Kerri Farley said...

I see beauty and I feel such wonder and amazement and these lovely creatures!

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks for your comments. When people leave comments it makes blogging much more fun. I have a lot of people who look, but not many leave comments. I hope you'll click to follow my blog and will return often. Have a great day!