Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What is Beauty?



"I think that I shall never see a thing as beautiful as a tree".


I don't remember who said this, but do you think it applies to this strange looking Banyan tree we found in Hawaii or, does it only apply to trees like the cedars in the second picture? If beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, perhaps some would consider the first tree beautiful, but not the cedars. Others, just the opposite. Personally, I think they're both beautiful, but in their own way. Walking through the grove of cedar trees filled me with inspiration and a sense of peace. Seeing the unusual shapes in the Banyan tree filled me with a sense of wonder at the complexity of nature. Beauty in nature can take many forms, but sometimes you have to look a little harder to find it. Once you do, however, you'll appreciate the unique beauty that sometimes lies hidden beneath the surface.

No comments: