Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't Weep For Me


Today's blog is dedicated to a friend who just lost her mother. I lost my mom over three years ago and still miss her terribly. I don't think we ever get over losing a loved one, but time does ease the pain. I hope that, in some small way, this poem helps with that process. God bless you and your family.


Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints upon the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain and
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am that swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

2 comments:

Faylin Myhre said...

Beautiful encouragement Carolyn whether the loss is new and the pain fresh or if time has passed and tempered our grief.

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks, Faylin. My mom always liked that poem. I hope it brings some comfort to my friend and to others who have lost loved ones.