Saturday, June 12, 2010

Honolulu Harbor with a Point & Shoot

My husband and I were walking back from the beach on our first evening in Oahu when I saw these reflections in the Honolulu Harbor. It was getting dark, all I had with me was our Canon G11 & I had to crank up the ISO a lot, but decided to take the picture anyway. Sometimes we hesitate to take pictures if we don't have our expensive DSLRs with us. Even if the image you get isn't as good, or as noise-free as you'd like, they can still make good memories. And if you don't have a DSLR, don't think you can't get good pictures, because you can. Professional photographer Rick Sammon even wrote a book about taking pictures with a point and shoot camera. So, get out there and shoot. You just may get some pictures that you'll treasure forever. :-)

4 comments:

Faylin Myhre said...

great advice Carolyn, I agree, just shoot! You might get better pics than you think and sometimes it's about preserving that memory! Beautiful shot of the Harbor!

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks, Faylin. The picture's pretty noisy, but I'm still glad I took it. :-)

Colleen Farrell said...

Beautiful capture, Carolyn, and great advice.

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks, Colleen.