Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Walk With Nature



For my blog post today I thought I'd share a quote with you from John Muir.  "In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks."    I think the reason this is true is because in nature everything is a surprise, an opportunity for a new beginning.  You never know what you're going to find and that's part of the joy of it, at least it is for me.  As you probably know, I spend a lot of time in Yellowstone.  One of the things that I really enjoy about it is that I never know what I'll find.  Maybe sometimes I'll find a grizzly bear, which is just wonderful, but other times I may not find anything other than the beauty that nature provides for us.  No matter what I find, it's always a wonderful experience.  So, if you're feeling a little down or a little bored, get up out of that chair and take a walk.  You'll be glad you did!   Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jamesalee said...

Nice shot! Great to see your blog! Wish that I could get motivated to do one!

Carole Kropscot said...

Such a pretty picture! I love it!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Carol and Jim! I appreciate the comments.