Monday, September 7, 2009

Painted Pictures


This is yesterday's pic of the day for the photo challenge. As you can tell, I modified it by applying a PhotoShop plug-in. I'll probably get tired of this look pretty soon, but for right now, I like it. I hope you do too.

Now, here's a quote from Dr. Wayne Dyer's little book Everyday Wisdom. "You're the result of all the previous pictures you've painted for yourself . . . and you can always paint new ones."

I hope you have a wonderful day & a great week. I'll be back tomorrow & hopefully, you'll stop by again.



2 comments:

Mike Spinak said...

Aloha, Carolyn,

I don't tend to use Photoshop plug-ins very much, but I thought I'd leave a quick comment, regarding the notion that you will probably get tired of the effect, soon, but you are liking it right now.

The way I look at it, with my own pictures, has more to do with what I want the picture to express, and how I want to make the picture communicate the desired expression. From this perspective, a Photoshop effect may fit the picture I'm processing, or it may not. It has less to do with whether I'm liking the effect right now, or have grown tired of it – and more to do with what integrates in a contributive way to the expression I'm creating, and what does not.

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks for your comments, Mike. I think you're exactly right. An effect has to complement the picture and not be used just for the sake of using it.