Friday, July 16, 2010

Mountains


"Mountains are to the rest of the body of the earth, what violent musclar action is to the body of man. The muscles and tendons of its anatomy are, in the mountains, brought out with force and convulsive energy, full of expression, passion and strength." John Ruskin (1819-1900) England
If you follow this blog or visit my website very often, you've probably seen this picture before. I shot this one at Glacier National Park last year, late in the evening as the sun was setting. I used my tripod and took several shots so I could process the images in HDR. Some of the colors that you see in this image, were not even visible when I looked at the scene. Processing in HDR, however, brought out the colors that were hidden from my eyes. I processed this particular image a little differently from the previous version to accentuate the warm colors.