Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Soothes Your Soul?




"It is the mind which creates the world around us,
and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow,
my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours,
my heart will never stir to the emotions with which yours is touched."
George Gissing

I firmly believe this is true, because we all see things, hear things, understand things based on our own filters.  The experiences we have in life have a profound impact on how we react to what happens in life, be it observing a beautiful scene or trying to recover from a disastrous event.  No two of us are exactly alike.  I'm not even sure about identical twins, because they must have some unique experiences that make them see things just a little bit differently.  Since I'm not a scientist, I don't know that for sure, but it makes sense to me.

What unique experiences have you had that make you appreciate certain types of art, literature or music?   If you had been raised in a different place, or had different parents, would you see things differently?   Which one of these pictures "soothes your soul"?  Or, maybe none of them do and that's ok too.  Art is very subjective and we don't have to like the same things or react to thing in the same manner. 

Feel free to leave your thought here for others to read.  Plus, that way I'll know that someone is still reading my blog.


No comments: