Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kindness

I thought this was a good quote for today. "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness." Seneca

Ok, this is a photography blog, so here's a little photo tip. When you're photographing wildlife, don't take time to call a friend, because as soon as you do, the animal will take off. I say this from personal experience. I was photographing this Great Blue Heron yesterday and called to tell a friend that it was back and, as soon as she answered, it took off. I did get one half-way decent shot of it flying away, but that was it. So, concentrate on your photography and leave the darn cell phone in its' case! :-)

Here's another photo tip. This image was enhanced with a plug-in called Adjust Simplify. I used it because I like the painterly effect it gives the picture. You'll need to click on the picture & enlarge it to see the full effect. I used the same plug-in on today's "pic of the day" on my website too. Take a look & let me know what you think. Some people like enhanced photos and others don't. I think it depends on the picture, the plug-in or filter you use & the adjustments you make to it.

No comments: