Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beauty of the Seasons

Each moment of the year has its' own beauty. Ralph Waldo Emerson

This picture was taken in Yellowstone in Oct. 2009. Due to a snow storm, we were confined to the area between West Yellowstone and Old Faithful for about three days. When we were finally able to head to the North part of the park, we saw this winter wonderland like scene beside the road. My husband stopped the truck and I walked down the middle of the snowy road to "get the shot". When photographing scenes like this it's important to expose for the highlights to prevent the snowy portion of the scene from being blown out. HDR would have been another option, but setting up the tripod in the middle of a snowy road was not something I was willing to do. I spite of the contrast, I think the picture came out pretty well. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: