Monday, November 16, 2009

The Power of Learning


Become a lifelong learner. Expose yourself to new ideas. Take classes regularly. Resolve to remain teachable throughout your life. Christiane Northrup, M.D.


My mom definitely believed this. At 82 years old she was using a computer to make greeting cards to send to her friends who were ill or lonely. Granted, once in awhile, I had to remind her how to do something, but she got it done. She listened to radio programs that explained how to do gardening, home repair, etc., and would read magazines and newspapers to learn more. She'd cut out informative articles & send them to family members, because she wanted all of us to continue learning. She was a remarkable woman who believed in the absolute power of learning. She was my role model. I hope I continue to take her advice and am still learning new things when I'm in my 80s. It definitely makes life more interesting and more fun!

No comments: