Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Creativity


















Here are two pictures I took at the Fossil Rim workshop last week conducted by Rick Sammon. The one on the top is the original picture that was processed with the usual PhotoShop tools. The other picture was modified using Topaz Simplify's watercolor option to give it the painterly effect. Although I like normal shots, it's always fun to see what I can come up with using various PhotoShop tools or plus-ins. If you've never tried Topaz, download a free trial version and play with it. You'll be surprised how creative you can become. By the way, which version do you prefer?

4 comments:

Sherri Meyer said...

Both are beautiful - but I prefer the 2nd one where you used Topaz!

I don't know how you can keep getting a post up on a daily basis. You amaze me!

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks, Sherri! It's a challenge sometimes, especially when I'm out of town. Besides, believe it or not, sometimes I just run out of things to say. :)

Garry Black said...

They're both beautiful! But if I had to pick one, I think I'll have to agree with Sherri and choose the one that you've used Topaz on.

Carolyn Fox said...

Good to hear from you, Garry. Thanks for your comments. I think I like the Topaz version best too. :)