Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Experiment


This eagle was sitting in a tree with several branches that were obstructing my view and that ruined the photo as it was taken. Since I wanted to salvage the photo, I experimented with various things to try to get the effect I wanted. The final step was to add lighting using the "render" option under the filters menu in PhotoShop. You may or may not like this particular effect but, in my opinion, it gives the image an extra dimension that adds character & a bit of extra interest. Sometimes, by trying various tools in PhotoShop and/or using various filters, you can salvage a photo that would otherwise end up in the recycle bin. So, next time you have a picture that you're not satisfied with, experiment to see what you can create. You'll discover new ways of working in PhotoShop and save a picture that you would have just deleted otherwise. I hope you have fun with your creative endeavors!
Just remember, anything you do in life can be improved if you exert a little more effort. Sometimes it's difficult to do but, in the end, it's worth it. :)

No comments: