Wednesday, October 14, 2009




Each moment of the year has its own beauty . . . a picture which was never before and shall never be seen again. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I took this picture at Lake Remembrance, in Blue Springs, Monday morning. It had been misting and the skies were dull and gray. As I drove down I-70, though, I liked the reflections in the water, so I stopped and took a few pictures, knowing that they'd probably turn out dull and uninteresting. As you can see from the top picture, I was right. I cropped the picture, did some editing in Photoshop and then applied the Topaz Simplify plug-in and it helped tremendously, as you can see from the bottom picture. Photography is very subjective, though, and this may be a little too saturated for you. Anyway, it's my version of the Lake Remembrance Reflections. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like how you pulled the colors out, I think it's the same as how I view HDR, as long as it not done to ever picture or over done.

-Dave Fox

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks for your comments, Dave. I agree.