Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creativity





These are a couple of pictures that I modified using a number of different steps & plug-ins. I merged the original picture of the daisies with a picture of a stone background, lowered the opacity to allow some of the background to show through & then used an artistic filter in PhotoShop to bring out some detail. For the top picture, I converted the color photo to black & white, adjusted the various colors to get the intensity I wanted & then used a Topaz Simplify plug-in to add an additional artistic effect. The final step was to apply a fairly high amount of sharpening to bring out the fine details in the petals.

A number of years ago I took an aptitude test and one of the attributes it measured was creativity. According to the results, I didn't score very high in that area. However, I think that if you try hard enough, you can overcome weaknesses and succeed in areas that might not come naturally to you. If you think you can't take pictures, or you can't draw, or you can't write, just work diligently and you may find out that what you don't have in natural ability can be compensated for with hard work and perseverance. So, get out there and do the things that you've always thought you couldn't do. You can do anything you want to do if you believe in yourself and work hard enough to make it happen.

No comments: