Friday, January 22, 2010

YOU Make a Difference!

This is from the little book "I Hope You Dance", which was given to me by my daughter a couple of years ago when I was going through a tough time after my mom passed away. I know this picture doesn't have waves or stars in it, but I thought maybe it'd work just as well. I hope you enjoy it.

"If you're ever lying on the beach with 80 billion grains of sand beneath you,
700,000 ocean waves before you,
60 million stars stretched out above you,
and you're still not impressed,
I want you to think about this:
The light you see reflecting from the stars is over one million years old.

WOW!

But then, just before you start to feel like a mere blip
in the gigantic scheme of things, please remember this:
Yes, you are small, but you're also irreplaceable
and invaluable
and miraculous.
Those stars don't have anything on you."


So, if you're ever having one of those days when you feel like you're not important and that nothing you do makes a difference, remember these words. No matter what we do, it has an impact on someone. You ARE important. You DO make a difference.


Have a GREAT day!

No comments: