Sunday, January 17, 2010

Walking My Dog



"We think in generalities, but we live in detail. " Alfred North Whitehead


I guess there can't be much more detail than in this skeleton, so I decided it would be an appropriate photo for today's quote. What is Mr. Whitehead trying to say, though? Is he implying that we put too much emphasis on the details or is he saying that we should consider the details more as we think and plan? Maybe he's simply saying that our lives consist of so many little details that the general, over-all picture becomes obscure & detracts us from the joys we should be experiencing. So, take some time today to sit back, relax, spend time with your loved ones and enjoy life.


By the way, I took this photo while riding in our truck on the way to Glacier National Park last September. I've found that if you set your shutter speed high enough, use the right lens, hold your camera steady enough and get at exactly the right angle, you can get some decent shots while riding at 70 MPG. Granted, I throw away most of the shots that I take using this method, but once in awhile, I get lucky. Anyway, I titled this picture "Walking My Dog", because that's what it reminded me of at the time. I hope it puts a smile on your face. Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Itani said...

I am enjoying your posts so much, The starting quote is a perfect match and the title you've chosen for your brilliant image is very smart
Thank you for the inspiration

Carolyn Fox said...

You're welcome and thanks so much for your nice comments. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog and hope you'll continue to visit.

Rhonda Holcomb said...

I love this photo and it made me smile!

Carolyn Fox said...

Thanks, Rhonda. I'm glad it did.

Faylin Myhre said...

thanks for the smile! I've occasionally tried that "on the move photography method" as well. Once in a while you get keeper like this! Have a great week~