Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On Top Of The World?



" I'm sittin' on top of the world, just rolling along, just rolling along." Do you think that's what this lemur is thinking as he's sitting on top of this pole? Do you remember that song? I guess you have to belong to a certain generation to remember it. I think the only reason I know it is because my Mom was always singing when I was a kid, and usually it was songs like this.


Growing up with music in the house was a wonderful thing. There were piano lessons, violin lessons, drum lessons, and Mom and Dad singing and playing the piano or guitar or listening to records all the time. Records? Do you remember records? Have you ever seen a record? Many members of today's younger generation don't even know what a record is. I showed one to our grandsons a couple of years ago, so they know, but I'll bet a lot of their friends don't. Does it make a difference? Probably not, because their generation has their iPods (& so do I), iPhones, etc. Things change. Technology changes, sometimes so quickly that it's difficult to keep up with it. Is that a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know. I think it just "is". So, we just muddle along, trying to stay up to date with the latest technological advances, trying to figure out how to use the latest devices and trying to keep our heads above water. I wish you luck in keeping up with it all. Me? I'm getting ready to buy another laptop that will be out-dated before I even pay for it. But, that's just the way it is. :)


2 comments:

Itani said...

Sad but true , I feel bad for the coming generations who will grow up with the only concept of fun is a computer game, I know change is mandatory and its just the way life is but living simple is not simple as it use to be
Thank you for your beautiful post and I guess that its just like the record not many will relate to

Carolyn Fox said...

I expect you're probably right. I guess there are still a lot of people out there, though, who remember what records are and how to entertain themselves by using their imaginations instead of watching TV or playing a computer game. Of course, as I am typing this, and as all of you are reading it, we are sitting at computers or using web-enabled cell phones. Times they are a changing! :)